Skip to main content

COVID-19 update: Fisher and Law Libraries are open to current students and staff only with no in-person services. All other library spaces are currently closed.
Library staff are available on Live Chat Mon – Fri: 9am – 5pm, Sat: 10am – 2pm. Learn more.

Replacement cards

Lost your library card? Here's what to do

The process for getting a Student Card/Library Card has changed

The requirement for a JP (Justice of the Peace) certification for a Library Card application has been temporarily waived. However, all other relevant documents, signatures and payments are still required.

The Student Centre will now be posting all cards. Cards will not be available for pickup.

Need help? You can chat with the Library online via our live online chat service, Chat Now!
Check Chat Now! availability

View all Library COVID-19 updates

Replacement Cards

  • The Student Centre is responsible for issuing replacement cards.
  • If your card is lost or stolen, report it by calling Campus Cards on +61 2 9351 2423 between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
  • Please let us know so we can put a block on your library card


The cost of a replacement card depends on the type of card you have

  • Sydney Uni students - see Applying for a replacement card
  • Sydney Uni staff - see the Staff Intranet
  • Alumni - $22
  • Staff or students from another University (ULANZ) - $22
  • Honorary, affiliates & conferred academic title holders - $20
  • Honorary degree recipient or retired staff member - $22
  • Community borrowers & Centre for English Teaching - $22
  • Year 11 and 12 secondary students - $22
  • Research assistants - $22
  • Postgraduate, Honours or suspended student - $22

Payment can be made online via the Student Centre (processed the next business day). If paying in person at the Student Centre, you can pay by credit or debit card.

How to apply

Visit the Student Centre with:

  • your completed application form
  • receipt or a credit/debit card
  • photo identification such as your driver’s licence, NSW Photo Card or passport