• Student organisations, on-campus businesses and hired venues

    The University’s music licence does not cover occasions when University premises are hired to students or other individuals, or external organisations; childcare facilities; and music use by student-run groups (e.g., student clubs, guilds or societies), student unions and on-campus businesses such as shops, cafes, restaurants, bars and gyms. The people responsible for these activities will need to arrange for their own music licensing.

  • Disclaimer

    The copyright information on this page and in the accompanying articles is provided as general information only. They provide a basic introduction to copyright and are not intended to be comprehensive nor do they constitute legal advice or a substitute for legal advice. If you need to know how the law applies to your situation, please obtain legal advice from a legal practitioner.

  • Contact

    University staff and students can contact the Library's copyright team for assistance. We aren't able to assist with external queries about copyright.

    Email the copyright team